Thursday, January 8, 2009

We are on our own.

Yesterday (January 7) we took Jackson home from the hospital.
It was a rough first night. Jackson was circumcised in the morning before we left the hospital. The procedure went well, but he was in a tired, dazed state the rest of the day. We could not get him to eat, so it was quite nerve racking. He finally came to life in the middle of the night and I was able to breast feed him and get him comfortable.

Today (January 8) has been a good day. My milk finally started to come in and Jackson seems to be more satisfied. We hope the night goes smooth...!

Yesterday was also the first time Jackson met Leonard and Lola. Leonard and Lola were a little overwhelmed yesterday with all of the newness. They followed us where ever we go in the house with Jackson. If he cries, they are there... They don't miss a thing!

Here are some pictures from yesterday and today.





5 comments:

Les Hon said...

Jackson looks great! And Leonard and Lola look so protective on that picture...so cute!

Anonymous said...

Jackson looks so tiny in the carrier. Theresa

Ben Rein said...

Hey guys, Jackson looks so healthy in the pics, I cant figure out who he looks like yet but he sure is cute! Im glad Lenorad and Lola are adjusting well and are so concerned about the little guy. I hope you are adjusting well also. We cant wait to see our little nephew. Talk to you soon....Auntie Em and Uncle Ben

Anonymous said...

Now that I see Jackson in his car seat, he does look much littler than in the nursery bed. Glad to hear everyone is home and Leonard and Lola are adjusting. I have a feeling they will be pretty protective of him. Still can't wait to meet him.

Sam Kerbel

Anonymous said...

He is so precious! Congratulations you two! I can't wait to meet him!
~Cousin Melissa